Sunday, July 29, 2012

Countdown!

The last month has been a blur! We leave for Scotland in just a few hours!

In the last few weeks, Doug got settled into his new job as a data analyst for Pulse while I tried to rip myself the rest of the way out of my job at Webb. My final Vanderbilt classes were two weeks ago. Immediately after my last classes on a Saturday afternoon I came home to meet my sisters who quite efficiently packed up and cleaned my entire kitchen (no small feat). The next day we moved most of my earthly possessions into the P.O.D. with the help of my amazing brother-in-law, Bill.

Bill has this weird and wonderful gift of being able to fit hundreds of random items into tiny spaces in such a way that they defy the forces of travelling and don't collapse into a random pile. I need people with skills like this in my life. I know this because I packed the last third of the P.O.D. and I have a feeling that it's going to become a random pile after traversing 2,300 miles.

I spent the last week cleaning the house frantically so that the new owners wouldn't know what a slob I am and could move happily in. It seemed like a never-ending ordeal. I love my house, but by the time I said goodbye to it, I was ready to never, ever own a house again.

Friday July 27th was my last day at work and also the day I was scheduled to close on the house. I nearly had an anxiety attack at work as I was going through 4 years of accumulated papers and memories. I left early for the closing at 2 PM only to learn that there was a hold-up that could last until the next week. This was terrible news, so I breathed and said a quick prayer and hung around the area for a few more hours.

Prayers were answered, and I was glad to receive a bottle of wine with my closing papers! This weekend I stayed with my sweet sister Tracie whilst resting, re-packing my wedding luggage, running last-minute errands, and seeing some old friends for the last time.


And now we are ready. We are so excited and thankful for our friends and family who will be part of our wedding-moon adventure!!


No comments:

Post a Comment